10 days til Christmas! Celebrating the holidays with small children brings so much wonder to the small details of everyday life. It also brings some added fun, like de-hoarding the pile of ornaments my 3 year-old has stashed in the corner of her dollhouse. Well maybe that's just my house.
If you are needing some inspiration for the favorite little ones on your list, I've included some of my most-beloved toys and children's items below. And if you are worried about going into the madhouse that is your local Target, I have two words for you. AMAZON PRIME. If you are gleefully finished with your Christmas shopping this year, file these suggestions away for your child's next birthday. Merry Christmas! May you hug your treasured ones tight and feel the hope of this joyful season.
Now for that magical list:
Best toys for children ages birth-2 years
Nesting blocks: Grows with your child! Your baby can move items in and out of the blocks and your toddler can build (and of course knock down) a tower.
Large wooden marbles: Great for working on a child's grasp and ability to transfer items from one hand to the other. And lots of fun! Pair these with the nesting blocks above or baskets for your child to move items around and roll. My baby loves to roll anything that resembles a ball, including an orange!
Silk flags/scarfs: great texture for young children and a fun toy to pair with music.
Best toys for children ages 3-5 years
- Wooden train set: Make sure to purchase a set that is compatible with other brands and allows your collection to grow!
- Skates: Want to keep your older toddler entertained indoors during these cold months? SKATES. Development of gross-motor skills and balance are just an added bonus!
- Kinetic sand: Buried treasure. Buried Elmo. Buried letters. There is something therapeutic about sand, and the kinetic nature of this type keeps the sand together and your house cleaner! Great for playing indoors.
- Platform swing: We already have this one in our backyard, and it's fun for kids and adults! Great toy that will grow with your child.
- Books- A few books on the list for my 3 year-old include Dragons Love Tacos, Good Good Father, and The Mitten.
*affiliate links included